Providing Website Assets
If you purchase one of vinSUITE's BluePrint templates, you may have questions about the images that you will need to provide in order to take full advantage of the template. Please use the following as an image specification guide to be sure you have given us the correct file types and sizes to avoid extra work and possible charges.
The following is a size/format guide for images for the Brunswick, Clarity, and Santiago templates:
- Your website logo should be provided at the largest size you expect to see it on the website. Please be sure to provide a transparent background image file if the template you choose has a background color or texture other than plain white.
- Homepage slideshow images should be landscape images, 1280px wide by 440px tall for best results (PNG files work best, see #9 below) . They may be taller than 440px if you don't plan to have much text on your homepage, but they must all be provided with the same height, and must all be 1280px wide. Image file names may not have any spaces.
- Banner images on internal pages (AKA page images) should also be 1280px x 440px for best results, (PNG files work best, see #9 below). Heights may vary, but keep in mind you will be cutting into your content area if you make them taller. They must be 1280px wide. Image file names may not have any spaces.
- Bottle shots and/or product images should be cropped close to the image subject--there should not be much extra space around the bottle/product. These images should be 600px on the longest side, (PNG files work best, see #9 below) . They can be smaller than this, but it's best to have nice large images for product detail pages. They will never display larger than 600px on BluePrint template sites. The images will be resized appropriately to fit the different places they display on the site (store category pages, product detail pages, and shopping cart). If the design you choose has a background color/texture other than plain white in the store section, you should provide transparent background image files.
- Any images you provide to be placed within your content can be any size you desire, but they should be provided no larger than the largest size you expect to see them on the website.
- If you are providing a header image for system-generated emails, these must be 600px wide and in GIF format. The height may vary, but typically should be around 120px tall to preserve space. If you do not provide this header separately to us, we will create one from your website logo. Please note that all system-generated emails/confirmations/receipts as well as newsletters share this singular header.
- Clarity template and Linen template background image - Image should be at least 1200 px wide and 800 px tall.
1. Link to Color Picker: https://www.webpagefx.com/web-design/color-picker/
2. Link to Google Fonts: https://fonts.google.com/
3. Link to My City Scene (free event calendar) https://mycityscene.com/
- File Types: Our admin panel will allow you to upload JPG, PNG, and GIF image files. See examples of each below.
- JPGs are commonly used image files, but will always display a white background on bottle shots and other images in which the subject does not fill the rectangular file shape.
- PNGs are high quality image files that allow for transparent backgrounds, which is great for bottle shots and other images where the subject matter does not fill the entire file.
- GIFs can also be saved with transparent backgrounds, but typically do not have the same quality as a PNG or JPG.
PNG - transparent background
GIF - transparent background